10 Tips to Get Pregnant
If you have plans to get pregnant, Oview has 10 tips for you:
1. Using an ovulation kit to predict when you are ovulating will significantly improve your chances of getting pregnant. You can find Oview in the pharmacy network in your area.
2. Stop all contraceptive methods (condoms, pills etc.).
3. Make an appointment at your gynecologist. He/she could give you important information about your heath condition.
4. Make love one day before, during and one day after your ovulation.
5. The missionary position is a good position to use when trying to get pregnant. Try placing a pillow under your hips to help tilt your pelvis and keep the sperm in longer. Don’t get up for 15-30 min. after sex. Try to relax and allow the sperm to stay in the vagina as long as possible.
6. Start eating healthy food. In order to give birth to a strong and healthy child, your body needs carbohydrates, fats and proteins. This means that you have to include in your everyday menu rice, potatoes, pasta, grains; fruits and vegetables; meat, fish and eggs; milk and milk products.
7. Start taking multivitamins for pregnant women. Start taking folic acid – it can help reduce the risk of spina bifida (spinal birth defect development) by up to 70%.
Future fathers should also start taking some minerals and vitamins – zinc (15 mg daily), vitamin C, selenium (SELENOGIN is highly recommended), calcium and vitamin D. Those minerals and vitamins are found in chicken and beef, orange juice, Brazil nuts, milk and salmon.
8. Smoking, drugs, and alcohol can affect your fertility. It will also affect your unborn child. It is important to stop smoking or using drugs and alcohol before getting pregnant and not wait until you find out you are pregnant. Consult your doctor if you are taking strong medicines. Try not to drink too much coffee. Future fathers should avoid coffee too.
9. Start practicing some kind of sport that brings you pleasure. In some cases pregnancy could be a tough experience and you should be physically prepared. Mind that being overweight or underweight can interfere with the production of estrogen, a female hormone that regulates the menstrual cycle and ovulation. Too much body fat causes a woman to produce too much estrogen. Too little body fat causes a woman to produce too little estrogen.
10. Prepare yourself emotionally. Have in mind that stress could lead to low fertility. Do not worry if you do not get pregnant for some time. Most couples get pregnant within a year of trying but it could take longer.